Friday, March 30, 2007

Corrida del Toros!

Like I mentioned before, I was surprised by my reaction to the Bull Fight. The energy was amazing with everyone yelling Ole!, I felt like joining right in. The way the bulls were treated didn't bother me either. The years of culture and tradition were intruiging to me. In the picture on the right is the first Matador, who road a horse throughout the duration of his "match." He was a showboat and quite entertaining to watch. The colors and costumes were also mesmerizing.

  1. The following matches were by two traditional Matadores who got so close to the bull they were facing each time, I can't imagine the feeling of excitement mixed with awe for the grande animal. The Matador pictured to the left would go so far as to kneel down and provoke the Toro to run at him and remain on his knees as he threw his muleta aside and the crowd shouted OLE! It was very exciting.

    While I can't say that I need to see another Bull fight in my lifetime, I am glad to have witnessed the excitement with two of the Fletcher's younger generation of family friends: Augustine Chico and David Chico and their respective families, see Dan and "Los Chicos" on the right.

1 comment:

Professor Howdy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.