Friday, April 6, 2007

Robin in San Juan!!

YEAH! My seester is in San Juan! Yesterday Danny, Irma Gisela (una amiga), and I drove into Mexico City to pick Robin up since she is on break from teaching this weekend. I am soooooooooo excited to have my sister here (wish my whole fam could be here, of course)!
Today we ventured back to Las Piramides to further show off La Ciudad de los Dioces (City of the Gods) to Robin. It was cooler today than the first time Danny and I climbed the pyramids, but we got started later. At left is a picture of mi hermana mayor (my older seester) and me from on top of La Piramide de la Luna, with La Piramide del Sol in the background.

Here is another, better picture of Dan and me, opposite the pic of Robin and me: atop La Piramide del Sol with La Piramide de la Luna in the background.



This is Robin and Danno making their way down the Pyramid of the Sun. The stairs are uneven and steep, so Robin was prepared to break her fall with The Danno. We made it up and down each Pyramid safely, so we were able to balance the negative energy from The Pyramid of the Moon and the positive energy from The Pyramid of the Sun.




If you look closely at this picture you can see the crowds on top of La Piramide del Sol. Hay mucha gente (there were many people) at the pyramids today because this is the Semana de Santa (week of celebration leading up to what we call Easter), and many people, all school-aged children included, have the whole week off to observe the holiday.



No comments: